Monday, September 12, 2016

Harvest Haven Fall Tour 2016


                             


   Welcome to Designs By Laila's blog! Thank you for joining us today in the Harvest Haven Fall Tour 2016, hosted by Summer from She Leaves A Little Sparkle. I also want to thank you for visiting me after Amy from Crazy Chic Design's fall home tour...don't you just love everything about Amy's home?! With so many beautiful & unique styles, I've collaborated with some amazing bloggers to bring you a lot of inspiration to help you find ways to decorate your home for Fall this year! Be sure to check out all their homes at the end of this post.

   I'm SO excited to show you the changes I've made in my home this Fall! I've actually did something quite different this year that I've never really done before. But first, if you have been following me along on my Instagram journey, you might be wondering why this room looks so different? You may have noticed, there used to be a white sofa in this room before. Yup, I did a room swap & my family and I absolutely LOVE the new look! I always believe, change is always a good idea. I couldn't wait to share the new reveal with you. Say hello to my new family room!



    Fall is such a beautiful season but I have to say, I will miss Spring and Summer. Spring by far is my favorite season! If I have to compare the two seasons; I interpret Fall as plants, flowers & some tress slowly deteriorating, drying and falling. I don't mean to sound too sad lol but I just love nature so much that I don't want to see it go away like that. But the colors of Fall is so warm and pretty that all I want to do is just cozy up and cuddle. With Spring, I interpret it as new growth, new life and new beginnings. Everything around you is flourishing, blooming and growing... it just gives me a burst of energy.

   As for Fall colors which are mostly pretty reds, yellows, browns and oranges...I enjoy these colors for outdoors/nature only.  To be quite frank, I don't really decorate with those colors in my home because it doesn't really go with my style. I feel the colors for Spring are more me... blush pinks, whites, soft blues and purples; to name a few. Nevertheless, I added some simple Fall touches in my home and do what I haven't really done before is incorporate more of natural elements in my decor. You can see in my accessories on my coffee table and pillows.










  By incorporating natural elements, I wanted to bring nature in my home. That's why I liked the idea of light elements, natural wood tones and mixing with other metallics.  As for my coffee table, we got this from our recent trip to Living Spaces. As soon as my husband & I spotted this table, we knew it was it.  It was almost like love at first sight! This table is made from reclaimed wood & I've listed the link for you here as well as other furniture items:







    Here's another angle of our new coffee table. You can't really tell from pictures but this table is quite huge! And it happens to be the only size that would fit our large blue sapphire sofa from ZGallerie. At the store, this sofa comes in white but we placed a custom order because we wanted it in blue.  Here's the link to our sofa:
                                            

This area has become my new favorite corner! Loving this gorgeous embroidered gold pumpkin pillow I also found at HomeGoods.




Here is a closer look...doesn't it remind you of Cinderella's magical pumpkin carriage?! :)







Blue velvet, winged arm chair is also from HomeGoods.  I was actually lucky to find this near my location. Ive learned that if you spot something you like and don't buy it that day at HomeGoods, it will definitely be gone the next time you go back...I didn't want to take any chances & was so lucky to bring it home. I've linked similar chair for you here:









 A larger view of our new family room. Ever since we swapped rooms, we have spend more time in this room because everyone in my family is saying it's more comfy...hearing that makes me one happy girl!
















Moving on to my dining area...Another area where I added simple Fall touches.  Besides flowers, another thing that I'm obsessed with is candles. I just love the elegant, & simplicity of beautiful candles. It instantly creates a warm, cozy and inviting ambience.









The gold leaf tray is from HomeGoods and I simply added Fall potpourri around the candles and you can feel Fall is in the air when you see this tray sitting on my dining room table when you walk in. 







I hope you've enjoyed my Harvest Haven Fall Tour & thank you so much for visiting! I always enjoy having you guys stop by. Please go to my friend Tamara's home over at Citrine Living next. You wont want to miss!

And don't forget to hop on over to visit the rest of the amazing bloggers Fall tour! Links are below:



19 comments:

  1. Oh Laila, that navy is absolutely mesmerizing!!!!!!! That change was brilliant, my friend. I just came from Amy's tour and totally drooled over all her navy (i'm crushing hard on navy right now...can you tell?) and then come here and find more navy gorgeousness. I'm definitely add it into my family room now....you've totally inspired me. I'm with you on the fall colors but with the navy it is exquisite! Now that I've incorporated gold into my home this year, I'm loving them more. You scored on that chair and I'm dying over that pillow! Everything is perfect and such a lovely way to welcome fall! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous home with us and being a part of this tour! Muah! xxxxx....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your beautiful words Summer! I'm so glad you like the blue! Besides my obsession with black and white; blue & white are my other favorite colors lol and it will look amazing in your beautiful home! This tour has been so much fun and I want to thank you for putting all this together so wonderfully. Your truly a sweetheart! xoxo

      Delete
  2. deteriorating leaves and dead trees... great, now I dont like fall hahahaha! Just kidding! Laila you are hilarious and I was literally LOL'ing!!! Absolutely LOVE that energetic blue you have in your living room such a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Oscar! You get my drift :-D
      I just want to see flowers all around me all year long lol Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  3. Laila!! I love how you incorporated the natural elements! I was just at Z and sat on your sofa! It is soooo comfortable, and I love the sapphire color you've chosen!! Beautiful, as always!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I'm starting to enjoy decorating with natural elements for Fall this year..something new! I also love your navy blue touches in your home, so pretty. Thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  4. Laila,
    I love your home! Your blue sofa is incredible and your living room is stunning! It is so cool how you combined natural elements with your sophisticated decor. I especially love you piece of drift wood mixed among your candles. Also, you coffee table is to die for! Lovely tour, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Janine! You always have the warmest words & love working tgthr with you...looking forward to our meet up soon!! :)

      Delete
  5. Laila, what a fabulous tour! I love your use of rich color and cozy texture!😍🍁🍂
    xo,
    Kim Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laila, What a fabulous Fall tour! I love your use of rich color and cozy texture!

    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim! So appreciate you stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. Laiila, that blue couch and chair have got to be my absolute favorite!! What a difference it makes and its so rich!! Fabulous tour my chic friend! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it Tam! And I've always loved how you decorate your beautiful home with blues & whites! Happy Fall hun! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Laila! That new blue looks FABULOUS!! Love the rich color and it fits in so perfectly with your elegant home. I just saw that same chair in a gold color at Homegoods and I'm thinking I need to go get it before it's gone! Such a good price! So fun being on this tour with you, happy fall beautiful friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shauna!! Trust me, I've learned my lesson when shopping at HomeGoods lol that gold chair sounds like it would be a perfect fit for your gorgeous home!! :D Thanks for stopping by sweety! xoxo

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness Laila! The fall touches you've added look AMAZING with your gorgeous furniture. No more talk of flowers and plants drying out and dying! This should give you a reason to want to stay inside. Lol! Truly, beautiful tour! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so sweet, thank you so much Jen!! Gonna try to enjoy Fall and Winter as much as I can indoors haha! Thanks for stopping by...Happy Fall hun! xoxo

      Delete
  10. It is incredible how the color of a sofa creates an interesting and cozier atmosphere in a room. Love your color selection and how well its modern lines mix with the coffee table. Thanks for sharing Laila!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Laila. Thank you for sharing. I have been looking for a blue velvet couch. Would you mind sharing the name of the custom color and fabric from ZGallarie? This is exactly what I'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete