Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Hallway Bath ~ Our 1970's Home Remodel





Hi friends!! It's been a while and a lot has been going on since my last blog! Some of you may already know that we moved and I've been waiting to share with you what we have done to our new home so far! In case you didn't know, we decided to purchase an older single story home that was built in the 70's. What I love most about our new home is that it sits on a half an acre. Living in California, finding a home with some acreage is like finding a treasure....

We've been remodeling for the past couple of months now. What I wanted to share with you first is the hallway bath that got completed.  My family and I are really loving the new outcome! So here's a pic before the renovation.

 Hallway Bath

BEFORE



Talk about needed some major uplifting!!


Hallway Bath

AFTER



VOILA!!



As you can see, there used to be a wall that separated the shower and sink. I love open spaces so we decided to remove the wall. 

I love love all white!! So decided to paint the walls all white by Kelly Moore Swiss Coffee!









I didn't want a bath tub at all, since my kids are older now. I wanted a shower stall and decided to go with gray tiles all around the shower.


Since the colors I chose for the house are whites, grays and light natural wood...I thought geometric shaped floors in the bathroom floor would make it look a little more interesting.
 The floors are from the same tile family as the shower tiles and they're Porcelain tiles.





This beautiful bathroom vanity, my husband fell in love with!! It has a marble counter top, white shaker cabinets and brushed nickel hardware. The faucets we had to get separately and are brushed nickel so it can match the rest of the hardware from the vanity.




I'm a big fan of beautiful mirrors {linked similar one!} When I spotted these beauties, I knew I had to have them! 
LOVE IT!!

For the lights, I decided to go with simple two vanity lights over the mirrors, making the mirrors the focal point.







That's our hallway bath! I hope you guys enjoyed reading my blog and seeing the aftermath! I will definitely be sharing more updates with you all soon. In the meantime, would love to read your thoughts on our bathroom remodel... stay tuned for my next blog, friends!!

xoxo 
Laila




8 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous! I love the mirrors and the way the marble countertop ties into the floor tile. Simple elegance. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just completed renovating my home and I admire K. Siyabonga and his teammates for bringing in remarkable changes in different parts of home to provide it a complete newer look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These articles and blogs are genuinely sufficiency for me for a day.selling home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is really the best on this valuable topic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time.
    Bathroom Renovation
    Thank you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete